Bathrooms and toilets are a place that contains the most bacteria and germs in your house. This is especially true for your toilet. Toilet is a place where all the waste of your family members is drained. If you have a big family then the percentage of bacteria and germs is going to be very high. These germs and bacteria are the main reason that can block your toilet. A blocked or clogged toilet will result in a smelly and full of bacteria toilets. That is hazardous for our lives and health.
There are 3P’s regarding the toilet drains. If you want your toilet to remain unclogged, then follow the 3P’s. The 3P’s rule says that only three things should be flushed down your toilet drains: Poop, Pee and Paper. Anything other than the mentioned things will sooner or later cause a clogging in your toilet.
Cleaning a toilet, pipes or drains can be a hassle some task that should be avoided at any cost. This is not something that you want to do most often. But if you are facing this problem then hydrogen peroxide can be the solution.
How you can use hydrogen peroxide for unclogging your toilet
Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical solution that can be used for many purposes. It can be used for a cleaning agent. It can also be used as an antiseptic. Sometimes it is also used as an oxidizer. You can easily find hydrogen peroxide in drugstores or grocery stores.
This chemical compound can do wonders for your clogged toilet. It can be used to unclog your clogged toilet. Following is a step by step procedure of how you can use hydrogen peroxide for unclogging your toilet.
- Take two or three spoons of baking soda. Pour the baking soda in the clogged toilet drain and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take a cup of hydrogen peroxide. Pour it down the drain. It will form foam like formation. You now have to wait the foam to settle down before moving on to the next step.
- Close the bathroom. Wait for few hours. Do not use the bathroom for few hours to let the mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work wonders.
- After few hours, open the bathroom. Now pour lots of water down the effected toilet drain. The water will wash away all the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide leftovers.
- If the toilet drain is unclogged then well and good. If you feel that the toilet drain is still not properly opened, then repeat the above steps once again to get an unclogged drain or toilet.
Preventive Measures to Avoid Clogged Toilet
Although hydrogen peroxide can work wonders for your toilet and can help in unclogging the toilet. But instead of taking all this pain, this would be more suitable if you avoid doing some actions that can result in a clogged toilet. Following is given a list of actions that should e avoided if you do not want a clogged toilet.
- Use toilet paper as less as possible. Excess toilet paper going down your toilet drain can e one of the reasons of clogging of your toilet.
- Toilets are designed to have three basic things inside them. These three things are water, waste and toilet paper. Any other thing or material going inside your toilet drain will possibly result in the clogging of your toilet drain.
- Do not flush down your dental floss. They are made up of a material that does not break down easily. Therefore, causing clogged toilet drains and pipes.
- Never ever flush down your hair in your toilet drain. Hair sticks inside the sides of the pipes and can cause build up with the passage of time, eventually resulting in a clogged toilet.
- Any type of wipes should not be flushed down the toilet drain. Although they look close to the toilet paper, but they are not!! They should be disposed of properly instead of flushing them down the toiled drain. It can cause serious clogs in your toilet drains and pipes.
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful chemical compound. Moreover, it is very easy to find in your local markets. You must give it a try if you are facing the problem of clogged toilet. Hydrogen peroxide is proven to be helpful many times for unclogging the toilet.