Blocked toilet? Disgusting. Clogged with poop in it? Embarrassing. Whenever these kinds of situations happen, they make us more panic and exhausted. And when you are in hurry, you don’t have much time to unclog your toilet which is still having poop in it, this is no less than a nightmare. In the hustle, you may not know what to do and may try some things that are worsening the situation. But don’t worry, in this article we will cover how to unclog a toilet with poop in it .
3 Useful Methods to Unclog a Toilet with Poop in it
Table of Contents
Here are some DIY tricks to unclog a toilet with poop. Let’s have a look at them.
Use Toilet Plunger
The plunger acts like a vacuum as it is a suction cup of rubber attached to a plastic or wooden stick. Try to use a plunger with a wide suction cup, if you are having big poop, small suction cups may not give a good performance. If you want to unclog a toilet with plunger, then follow the given procedure:
- It is suggested to soak the plunger in warm water to make the rubber of the suction cup softer so that it can create pressure easier.
- Wear a pair of gloves as it can be a little messy and unhygienic.
- First, remove the excess water from the clogged toilet bowl, if the toilet bowl is filled with water and poop in it.
- Now take the plunger and place it in the opening of the toilet and press it down to create pressure and then pull it in the upward direction to make suction.
- Repeat this again and again slowly and gently to avoid any mess.
- Then gradually speed up the process. This will make a vacuum at the opening and the air will exert pressure on the exit hole.
- You will see that the poop will be cleared
If this procedure will not really work quickly, plunge for a few minutes and then move aside to let the blockage release by itself. Return and give it a shot again.
Use a Toilet Brush
If you are out of a plunger then the next option is to use an old toilet brush. A toilet brush is also an easily available option in every toilet, as it is used in regular cleaning of toilets. But in such miserable circumstances, you can also use a toilet brush to unclog a toilet with poop in it.
- This method will be going to be filthy, so grab a pair of gloves and wear them.
- Take a toilet brush. Try to use an old one or an extra one.
- Put the brush on the exit hole of the toilet bowl.
- Exert some force and push the poop in the hole.
- Remember that it will not work for stubborn or big poop.
- Put the pressure with both the hands on the brush, so that the poop will go down and pass easily.
- Flush the toilet quickly.
- If some small clumps of poop still remain in the toilet, then flush them again.
Use Baking Soda and Hot Water
Baking soda can be used in two ways to unclog a toilet with poop in it. You can use it with hot water as well as vinegar. The choice is yours, depending upon the severity of clogging. You can try both methods one by one if you are not sure which one is to be used.
- In this method, take one cup of baking soda and 2-3 liters of hot water. Avoid using boiling water.
- Put the baking soda in the toilet bowl. You will see the formation of bubbles.
- Then pour the hot water into the toilet bowl. Be careful and avoid splashing.
- The hot water will let the poop soft to pass down easily.
- After a few minutes, flush the toilet to unclog it.
If still, the problem remains the same, you can use the following method.
Mix Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Take one cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar.
- First of all pour baking soda into the toilet bowl.
- Now start adding vinegar to it. Bubble will start to form due to the reaction of baking soda and vinegar.
- Add the vinegar slowly until the bubble disappear.
- Now you can flush the toilet.
- If still there is some clog, repeat this procedure again. You can continue this until the clog is gone.
These methods will help you in getting through the clogging problem. Try any one of these or you can try all if the problem is big. Let us know in comments which method works for you.