The most expensive houses in the world are masterpieces worth millions. These luxury properties around the globe aren’t just known for their big price tags. Their beautiful design, fancy detailings, and great locations stand out. The world’s priciest homes aren’t just big buildings; they also have history. They might have been owned by famous people or been a part of important events.
6 World’s Most Expensive Houses
Table of Contents
Some of the million-dollar mansions that are shockingly huge and expensive around the world include;
Buckingham Palace (United Kingdom)
Imagine living in a house that’s over 200 years old! Buckingham Palace isn’t just any home. It’s a royal residence. Kings and queens of England have called it their home. With such a royal past, it’s no wonder it also holds great value in real estate records.
- Size: The palace is the largest property in the world. It has about 775 rooms. That includes 78 bathrooms, 92 offices, and 19 fancy staterooms. Imagine how much time you’d need to explore every corner!
- Valuable Stuff: The palace is like a treasure chest. It has a lot of pricey and historic items. Paintings, statues, and old furniture make it look grand. Each piece tells a story from the past. They add a lot to the palace’s overall worth and make it one of the priciest properties around the globe.
- Location: London SW1A 1AA, UK
- Worth: $ 4.9 billion
- Owner: King Charles III
Antilia stands tall as one of the biggest buildings in the world. Mukesh Ambani, who is a businessman and the richest person in India, owns this luxury.
- Size: Antilia is as tall as 27 floors! Some floors are so big they count as two. That’s a lot of space!
- Valuable Stuff: Antilia stands in Mumbai’s most sought-after neighbourhood. It’s like having a mansion in the heart of the city’s golden zone. The features of this house are like no other. There’s a giant space to park super-expensive cars. Think of it as a six-story fancy garage. Antilia has its private theatre! This luxury mansion also has a snow room for super-hot days. Real snowflakes come out to make you feel chilly.
- Location: Altamount Road, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai – 400026
- Worth: $ 2 billion
- Owner: Mukesh Ambani
Villa Leopolda (France)
It’s not just any house. It’s one of the world’s most costly homes. This grand house has a rich history. Long ago, King Leopold II of Belgium gave it as a gift. That’s a royal touch right there! Houses with such a unique past often come with a hefty price tag.
- Size: This historic residence has 12 pools, 19 master bedrooms, and 14 bathrooms. Most houses have a garden, but Villa Leopolda’s garden is something else. It’s huge! With loads of trees, plants, and even ponds. A garden like this in such a fancy area adds lots of value. This mansion is so grand that movies have been shot here. Being a film star’s choice makes it even more special and luxurious.
- Valuable Stuff: When you mix all these things – a royal past, an amazing location, a big garden, movie moments, and loads of space – you get Villa Leopolda. And that’s why it’s one of the priciest homes out there.
- Location: 1324- France, 1670 Av. Léopold II, 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
- Worth: $ 750 million
- Owner: Lily Safra’s descendants
Villa Les Cedres (France)
Villa Les Cèdres is a really old house, built in 1830. It’s over 200 years old! King Leopold II from Belgium once lived there. This fact is one of the main reasons why this is the most expensive house in the world.
- Size: The home is huge! With 14 rooms and lots of space, it’s like a palace. It’s so big that you might need a map to stay aware of it.
- Valuable Stuff: Inside the villa, it’s all about the finest things in life. The opulent interior includes fancy artwork, posh furniture, and more. Every corner of the home screams luxury.
- Location: 57 Av. Denis Semeria, 06230 Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, France
- Worth: $ 450 million
- Owner: Rinat Akhmetov
Every corner of Witanhurst tells a story. It’s like a living museum, filled with tales from long ago. This makes it not just a house but a treasure trove of memories. These features altogether make it among the world’s most expensive places.
- Size: It is a luxurious palace with 65 rooms for the guests.
- Valuable Stuff: This house shouts luxury, from walls that shimmer with gold to rare art pieces. Plus, it’s as safe as a fortress with the best security money can buy. When people talk about expensive homes, Witanhurst in London is in a league of its own. It’s not just about money, but the history, the location, and the sheer grandeur that make it so special.
- Location: Highgate, North London.
- Worth: $ 450 million
- Owner: Andrey Guryev
Les Palais Bulles (France)
“Les Palais Bulles”, or “The Bubble Palace“, stands out as one of the costliest homes on our planet. First, “Les Palais Bulles” isn’t your everyday home. It’s a collection of bubble-like rooms! The design is so different that it makes everyone turn their heads. Homes with one-of-a-kind designs often carry a higher price.
- Size: With more than 10 rooms, multiple gardens, and swimming pools, there’s a lot of room to roam. Bigger homes often have bigger price tags.
- Valuable Stuff: This palace has hosted high-end fashion shows and elite parties. When a place becomes an event hotspot, its value can skyrocket. Many celebrities and artists have visited “Les Palais Bulles”. Even the renowned fashion designer Pierre Cardin once owned it when a place is linked to famous names, its worth rises.
- Location: 33 Bd de l’Esterel, 06590 Théoule-sur-Mer, France
- Worth: $ 390 million
- Owner: Pierre Cardin
In the world of super fancy homes, the ones we’ve seen are the ultimate luxurious living. These expensive houses worldwide are owned by billionaires and millionaires worldwide, including a few celebrities. These larger-than-life properties are an elite treasury with a little historic essence.
1. Who owns the most expensive house in the world?
King Charles III owns the most expensive house in the world. The property is larger than life and is held by Buckingham Palace London. This property can not be sold.
2. What is the price of the most expensive house ever sold?
There is an opulent penthouse in Manhattan, NY, sold for the whopping price of $239 million. Ken Griffin, the founder of the Citadel fund, bought it.