It is immensely pleasing to look at lush green yards at your home. Spending quality time with your loved ones becomes more soothing and comforting in a lawn with freshly cut grass and evening wind.
When it comes to yard keeping, homeowners have two distinct options. One is to grow natural grass most suited to your climate and soil. Whereas the other option is to buy artificial turf for your lawn or indoor decorations. Also read benefits of indoor plants that are good for your health.
Most of the people struggle with the decision as both the choices have their pros and cons. The confusion is enough to build up a myth around the two choices. This article will guide you through this common myth, synthetic grass vs natural grass.
Positives Of Natural Grass
- Natural grass is cooler. It evaporates water thus keeps the environment humid enough.
- It cushions the playground and is safe for kids and pets to play.
- Natural grass produces oxygen which is essential for life.
- It takes up carbon dioxide thus reduces the greenhouse effect.
- It provides improved air quality.
Negatives Of Natural Grass
- The most difficult part of keeping a yard of the natural lawn is maintenance. It demands a lot of hard work to cut off the growing grass at regular intervals.
- Pests can invade your house if they are living in the natural turf.
- Homeowners use pesticides and herbicides to get rid of pests and unwanted herbs. These chemicals are not easily decomposed and promote biomagnification of harmful heavy metals.
- Weed killer is also regularly used which can contribute to water and air pollution.
- It needs a lot of water.
When Is Natural Grass Most Suitable?
If you are a fan of grass smell, have kids or have enough time to spend on lawn maintenance you should keep natural grass. It is no secret that humans cannot surpass the benefits of natural things and natural green grass is the best choice if you are concerned about the health of your kids. Moreover, it is an eco-friendly option keeping you closer to nature. In this chaotic world, a touch of nature in your house helps you to relax and unwind.
Positives Of Synthetic Grass
- It does not require water for its growth or maintenance.
- Artificial grass is available in various colors and pile sizes to adjust according to your needs.
- It does not breed pests.
- Synthetic turf needs minimal maintenance. You just need to clean and brush the blades after a week or two. You will not be worrying about uneven yellow patches in the artificial grass lawn.
- In the longer run, it is cheaper as compared to keeping a natural grass lawn.
- Synthetic turf available in different types based on material and features.
Negatives Of Synthetic Grass
- It absorbs heat and is not safe for humans and pets in scorching temperatures.
- It affects the subsoil organisms and you cannot undo the decision of artificial grass installation.
When Is Synthetic Grass Most Suitable?
Make a trip to a synthetic grass store and buy the most suitable color and pile thickness for your home. Artificial grass is the best choice if you wish to skip the hard work of lawn maintenance. It uses almost no water. If you are concerned about wasting water, opt for synthetic turf.