Sidhu Moose Wala was an influential Indian rapper, singer, and songwriter known for his significant contributions to Punjabi-language music and cinema. He is widely considered one of the greatest Punjabi artists of his generation and is often regarded as one of the all-time greats in Punjabi music.
In 2020, The Guardian recognized him as one of the 50 up-and-coming artists. He made history by becoming the first Punjabi and Indian singer to perform at the Wireless Festival and received four awards at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
Moose Wala gained mainstream popularity with his hit track “So High.” In 2018, he released his debut album “PBX 1,” which reached number 66 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. His singles “47” and “Mera Na” also achieved recognition on the UK Singles Chart.
Tragically, Sidhu Moose Wala was fatally shot by unidentified assailants on May 29, 2022. A Canada-based gangster active in Punjab claimed responsibility for the killing, which the police attributed to an inter-gang rivalry. On June 23, 2022, his first posthumous single, “SYL,” was released.
Sidhu Moosewala Biography
Table of Contents
Real Name/ Full Name: Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu
Nick Name/ Celebrated Name: Sidhu Moosewala
Birth Place: Moosa, Punjab, India
Date of Birth: 11 June, 1993
Date of Death: 29 May, 2022
Age: 28 years
Height: 6 ft 1 inches
Weight: 85 kg approx
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents’ Names: Balkaur Singh and Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu
School: S. Chetan Singh Sarvhitkari Sr. Sec. Vidya Mandir, Mansa, Punjab
College: Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab.
Marital Status: Engaged
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Spouse’s Name: Amandeep Kaur
Profession: Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Politician
Net Worth: $ 14 million
Songs & Albums:
- Moose Wala, a prominent Punjabi singer and rapper, began his music career in 2017 while residing in Brampton. His breakthrough came later that year with the release of the song “So High,” a gangster rap collaboration with music producer Byg Byrd. This track earned him the Best Lyricist award at the 2017 Brit Asia TV Music Awards. Subsequently, he joined Brown Boys Records, along with Sunny Malton and Byg Byrd.
- In 2018, Moose Wala started performing live shows in India and Canada, solidifying his presence in the music scene. He continued to release successful singles like “Issa Jatt,” “It’s All About You,” and “Just Listen.” Notable releases in this period include “Tochan” and “Famous,” which entered the UK Asian Top 40 Chart.
- At the 2018 PTC Punjabi Music Awards, he received a nomination for the Best New Age Sensation award for his song “Issa Jatt.”
- In August 2018, he released “Dollar,” his first film soundtrack song for the movie “Dakuaan Da Munda.”
- Moose Wala’s career evolved further in 2018 as he began releasing songs independently, starting with “Warning Shots,” a diss track aimed at Karan Aujla’s “Lafaafe.”
- In October 2018, he launched his debut album, “PBX 1,” under T-Series, blending pop and hip-hop influences. The album even charted on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart and won the Best Album Award at the 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
- In 2019, Spotify recognized Moose Wala as one of the most popular artists in Punjab, alongside Maninder Buttar and Karan Aujla. His collaborations and singles continued to gain traction, including the track “Old Skool” with Nseeb and “Tibeyan Da Putt,” which achieved high chart positions in India.
- In May 2020, he released his second studio album, “Snitches Get Stitches,” under his own label. In September of the same year, he launched his record label, 5911 Records. Moose Wala’s song “Game” with Shooter Kahlon marked his entry into the Canadian Hot 100 by Billboard.
- In May 2021, he dropped his third studio album, “Moosetape,” which found success on various international charts. Moose Wala made history by performing at the Wireless Festival in London with Mist, becoming the first Indian singer to perform at the event.
- Moving into 2022, he released the EP “No Name” featuring AR Paisley, Mr. Capone-E, and Sunny Malton, which debuted on Billboard’s Canadian Albums chart. Several of his songs, including “The Last Ride,” “Levels,” “Never Fold,” and “295,” charted on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100. Additionally, some of his tracks appeared on the Billboard Global Excl. US chart.
- In June 2022, his single “SYL,” referencing the Satluj Yamuna link canal, posthumously peaked on the Canadian Hot 100, as well as in Australia, India, and the Global Excl. US chart. Moose Wala’s career was marked by significant achievements and contributions to the Punjabi music industry before his unfortunate passing.
Sidhu Moosewala Net Worth
Sidhu Moosewala’s net worth is approximately $14 million.
Sidhu Moosewala Early Life
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu, known as Sidhu Moose Wala, was born in the village of Moosa in the Mansa district of Punjab, India, to a Jat Sikh family. His father’s name was Balkaur Singh, and his mother’s name was Charan Kaur.
Moose Wala pursued his education at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College in Ludhiana, where he earned a degree in electrical engineering in 2016. During his time in Ludhiana, he developed a deep admiration for the rapper Tupac Shakur, which greatly influenced his musical aspirations. His interest in hip-hop music began in the sixth grade, and he received music training from Harvinder Bittu in Ludhiana. It’s worth noting that he chose the stage name “Sidhu Moose Wala” as a tribute to his hometown of Moosa.
Following his graduation, Moose Wala moved to Brampton, Ontario, Canada, as an international student. During his time in Canada, he continued his studies at Humber College.
Sidhu Moosewala’s Source of Income
Sidhu Moosewala was a popular Indian Rapper, Singer, and Songwriter. His main source of income was his successful singing career. According to sources, he used to charge INR 6-8 lakhs for a nightclub show and INR 15-20 lakhs for a live music concert.
Sidhu Moosewala’s Social Profiles
Unknown facts about Sidhu Moose Wala
- He added ‘Moose Wala’ to his name as a tribute to his village Moosa.
- Sidhu Moose Wala started singing when he was in class 5.
- He started his career as a lyricist and not as a singer.
- There were four criminal cases registered against him till 2022.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was seen getting training from some police officers to use AK-47 in one of his videos. The video went viral.
- The police officers in the video were suspended later by the Government.
- Sidhu Moose Wala debuted his acting career in the film ‘Teri Meri Jodi’ in 2019.
1. What was Sidhu Moosewala age?
Sidhu Moose Wala was a 28-year-old Indian rapper, singer, and songwriter. He was born on 1 June 1993. His zodiac sign was Gemini.
2. Was Sidhu Moosewala married?
Sidhu Moose Wala was not married yet. He was only engaged. His fiance’s name was Amandeep Kaur.
3. What are Sidhu Moosewala’s famous Songs?
Sidhu Moose Wala was a famous Indian Singer, rapper, and songwriter. He debuted his career with his album PBX1 in 2018. His famous songs are So High, 47, Mera Naa, and The Last Ride .
4. What was the income of Sidhu Moosewala?
Sidhu Moose Wala has a net worth of $14million. According to sources, he used to charge INR 6-8 lakhs for a nightclub show and INR 15-20 lakhs for a live music concert.